Workshop Responsive Design: Clever Tips, Tricks And Techniques
On Thursday 26th of March there will be a workshop by Vitaly Friedman of Smashing Web Magazine. Tickets are €300 + VAT and lunch is included.
The workshop Responsive Design: Clever Tips, Tricks And Techniques provides a comprehensive overview of smart responsive design patterns, advanced front-end techniques, clever UX patterns, optimization for critical rendering path and robust performance tricks — a treasure of actionable, hands-on takeaways to apply in your project. We'll be looking at many case studies and real-life examples of projects using these techniques effectively today.
The workshop has two main parts:
- The first half of the day is dedicated to design/UX, the RWD workflow ("designing systems"), content choreography, design patterns, responsive components (tables, calendars, navigations, forms etc.) and delightful UX,
- the second half covers technical considerations, front-end techniques, performance strategies and optimization for the critical rendering path.
In this workshop, you'll learn:
- Effective tools and techniques that can support and enhance your personal workflow when working on any responsive design project,
- An overview of clever practical techniques for improving UX of responsive sites,
- Front-end strategies for scalable, resolution-independent graphics and maintainable CSS code with SVG and icon fonts,
- Responsive design patterns and innovative approaches to designing "responsive modules" such as tables, calendars, multi-level menus, maps and Web forms,
- Clever performance tricks, smart lazy loading and dealing with Web fonts,
- Testing, debugging and maintenance techniques for responsive sites as well as lessons learned from Smashing Magazine's own redesign in 2012,
- Technical issues (and solutions) for responsive advertising and responsive email newsletters,
- How the design processes should adapt in terms of the project management, deliverables, performance budgets, team organization and strategy.
1015 BT Amsterdam
Register for this workshop. Tickets are €300 + VAT. Lunch is included.
|Fahad Ibnay Heylaal||TrueServer||@fahad19||NL|
|Gilgamesh Nootebos||Universiteit van Amsterdam||NL|
|Hendrick Lange||Medienfabrik Gütersloh||DE|
|Marcel Frenz||Medienfabrik Gütersloh||DE|
|Mitchel van de Poll||Pharmeon||NL|
|Paul de Weerd||Drukwerkdeal.nl||NL|
|Rowdy Rabouw||double-R webdevelopment||@rowdyrabouw||NL|
|Tom Kuipers||Universiteit van Amsterdam||NL|